MBBS, DNB (Surgery), FMAS, MNAMS, FCLS, FIAGES
GENERAL AND MINIMAL ACCESS SURGEON
|Name||Dr. Rahul Poddar|
|Father’s Name||Dr. R K Poddar|
|Date of Birth & Age||20/07/1983, 35Yrs|
|Correspondence Address||J - 62, Poddar Nursing Home, Patel Nagar-1, Ghaziabad, UP - 201001|
|Permanent Address||R - 4/10, Raj Nagar-1, Ghaziabad, UP-201002|
|E-mail email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|DMC Registration no.||DMC/r/04301|
|UPMC REGN NO.||77776 27/04/2017|
|Qualifications||MBBS, DNB general surgery, FMAS, FCLS.
FICS. MNAMS. FAIS FIAGES DIPMAS COLORECTAL FACRSI
J 62 PATEL NAGAR 1ST
GHAZIABAD (UP) 201001
Timings Mon to sat, 11 am to 2 pm.
118, GYANKHAND 4, MANGAL BAZAR CHOWK, KALA PATHAR RAOD, INDIRAPURAM, GHAZIABAD UP 201014
FOR APPOINTMENT: 9711250021
Dr. Rahul Poddar is a General surgeon based in Ghaziabad who has worked in renowned hospitals like Fortis, Max, Guru Tej Bahadur, Safdarjang, sir ganga ram, b l kapur Hospital- Delhi, just to name a few backed up by years of experience as a surgeon. He also specialises with surgical procedures and has performed a wide range of PAINLESS, SCARLESS, FAST TRACK minimally invasive surgeries, key hole surgeries WITH FAST RECOVERY, laparoscopic abdominal surgeries, Cholecystectomies, all abdominal gi and genito-urinary surgeries. He has performed wide range of surgeries for fistula in ano. A wide range of surgeries for haemorrhoids, fissure including, stapler hemmoroidopexies. Basic vascular surgeries including grafts, vascular anastomosis, varicose vein surgeries. All hernia surgeries including lap/ open inguinal ventral, complicated/ uncomplicated hernias. All stone surgeries including open/ minimally invasive renal, ureteric, bladder stones. Thyroid and other neck surgeries. A wide spectrum of surgeries of breast diseases, benign and malignant. A wide variety of trauma surgeries, salvage procedures all kinds of gynaecological procedures like ndvh, prolapse surgeries, laparoscopic procedures like the, myomectomies.
HIS SPECIALITIES: PILES, HERNIA, FISTULA, FISSURE, STONES, GASTRO- INTESTINAL DISEASE, BREAST, THYROID DISEASES.
1. FELLOWSHIP under The Association of Surgeons of India, no. FL 19201
2. FELLOW of Indian association of gastrointestinal and endoscopic surgeons no. 4635.
3. Fellow Association of minimal access surgeons of India no. cm 247.
4. MNAMS Member of National academy of medical sciences.
5 Fellow of international college of laparoscopic surgeons. F 241
6. Fellowship in Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery (FLHS) by Verwandeln Institute, Renai Medicity, kochi
7. FELLOW of international college of surgeons (FICS) 2018.
WORK EXPERIENCE : -
JOB EXPERIENCE DETAILS :
TRAININGS AND AWARDS :
SURGICAL EXPERIANCE :
PRESENTLY PRACTISING AT PODDAR NURSING HOME, GHAZIABAD
Under Graduate Medical Training (M.B.B.S.) - Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, New Delhi(GGsip University)
Rotating Clinical Internship - Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, New Delhi. - Dec 2006 to Nov 2007
Post Graduate Medical Training-
DNB GENERAL SURGERY- Vardhaman mahavir Medical College,safdarjang hospital, New Delhi Aug 2008 to Aug 2011
“appraisal of modiffied alvarado scoring system in cases of acute appendicitis”
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE -
Working in the department of Surgery at Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, New Delhi as a PG resident, experience has been attained in variety of surgical cases.
a. Trauma and Emergency Surgery: Integral part of three year residency programme
b. General Surgery: 21 months
c. Paediatric Surgery: 6 months
d. Neurosurgery: 1 months
e. Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery: 1months
f. Plastic Surgery: 1 months
During my post-graduation training I worked as a junior resident in the Department of General Surgery, vardhaman mahavir Medical College, safdarjang hospital, new delhi, INDIA. It is an extremely busy over 1500 bed tertiary hospital with modern diagnostics and therapeutic avenues. The Department of Surgery includes several sub-specialities viz.,Neurosurgery,Paediatric Surgery,CardioThoracic and Vascular surgery,Plastic Surgery. My duties included attendance and clinical discussion at Consultants rounds in the wards, attending out-patient clinics,preparing patients for surgeries,assisting consultants in various surgical procedures, managing the emergency departments on my call days,day to day care and follow up of the admitted patients and participation in multidisciplinary team meetings. Some of the common diseases that we deal are Cholilithiasis and other biliary diseases, Hernia, BPH, Renal Calculus disease, Breast diseases (benign and malignant), Thyroid diseases, Peritonitis, Trauma, Diabetic Foot, Peripheral Vascular disease, Valvular heart disease, Brain tumors, Paediatric hernias, Anorectal malformations, Colorectal and anal canal diseases, Obstuctive jaundice, Appendicitis, Peptic ulcer diseases, AUR, Phimosis etc. In patient requires performance of procedures like venous cutdown, central line placements, urinary catheterizations,FNAC,Trucut biopsy,Lumbar puncture etc. Some of the other practical skills which I accquired during my post-graduate trainin included knowledge of BCLS,ACLS,CPR ,Endotracheal intubation, Intercostal tube thoracocentesis, Liver and Renal biopsies,Bone Marrow aspiration,Dressing of wounds,Drainage of abscess, Fasciotomy, insertion of arterial lines etc
1. Emergency cases- Open appendicectomies, open laparotomies for enteric perforations, tubercular perforations adhesive acute obstructions, tubercular obstructions, biliary peritonitis, spontanious peritonitis, appendicular abcess, appendicular perforations, colonic perforations, colonic obstruction, obstructed inguinal/ femoral hernia, emergency splenectomy for trauma, liver packing for hepatic rupture, feeding jejunostomy, resection anastomosis.
2. Emergency cases- Breast abcess, necrotising fascitis, above-knee/ below-knee/ mid-tarsal amputations for gangrene foot/ leg.
3. Emergency cases- Suprapubic cystotomies, venous cut downs, central line insertions, incision and drainage of all kinds, ingrowing toe nail surgery, emergency tracheostomies, debridement for fournier's gangrene, revision iliosomy for fecal fistula.
4. Elective cases- Open cholecystectomies, laparoscopic cholecystectomies, varicose vein stripping, fistulectomy, fistulotomy, mesh repair for inguinal/ para-umbilical/ incisional/ epigastric hernias, varicocelectomy, resection anastomosis ileostomy/ colostomy closure.
5. Elective cases(assisted)- Carcinoma cheek, carcinoma lip, carcinoma tongue, modified radical mastectomy for carcinoma breast, WLE for sarcoma of thigh, arm forearm, inguinal region, total thyroidectomy for carcinoma thyroid, hemi- thyroidectomy, subtotal thyroidectomy.
6. Elective cases(assisted)-OPEN hydated cyst excision, PAIR, radical cholecystectomies, anderson heinz pyeloplasty, nephrectomy for NFK, radical nephrectomy, radical hemi colectomy-right/ left/ extended right/ left.
7. Elective cases(assisted)- Inguinal dissection, penilectomy- total/ partial, orchidectomy, whipple's procedure, excision of pancreatic tumors- benign/ malignant, slenectomy- elective, distal pancreatectomy, pancreatic head resection, gastro- jejunostomy, bilroth1/2 procedure, laparoscopic appendicectomy.
8. Elective case(minor)- Lymph node biopsies, lipoma excision, circumcision, cyst excision, eversion of sac for vaginal hydrocele, banding/ sclerotherepy for hemarrhoids, secondary suturing, stitch granuloma excision, skin grafting, toe amputations.
9. Emergency(assisted)- Craniotomy, burr holes.
NEW DELHI. INDIA: Safdarjang Hospital and it’s medical college,V.M.M.C. is the apex tertiary referral hospital of NEW DELHI and Northern India after AIIMS Hospital. It is a 1500 bedded hospital which provides free of cost health care to not only population of Delhi but to other adjoining northern Indian states as well. In the year 2009 the total number of admission of patients was 128175 of which a total of 92445 patients underwent major and minor surgeries in various specialties. Thus the hospital provides excellent exposure for resident training. The surgery department of the institution does many minimally invasive surgeries apart from conventional surgical procedures. The OPD & OT’s run all six days a week and there is a separate surgical emergency ward for acutely ill patients with surgical diseases and trauma. As a junior resident I was posted in general surgery unit and my task included management of admitted patients and those seen on out patient basis. The training also included performing almost all minor surgical procedures, performing major surgeries under supervision and independently. The period also included supervising the surgical training of post graduate students and teaching surgery as a subject to under-graduate students.
VARDHAMAN MAHAVIR MEDICAL COLLEGE AND SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI- THESIS ENTITLED “ appraisal of modifeid alvarado scoring system in cases of acute appendicitis” . UNDER SUPERVISION OF DR H G Vyas associate PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY.
1. Junior resident at department of neurology, VARDHAMAN MAHAVIR MEDICAL COLLEGE, SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL new delhi jan 2008 to feb 2008.
2. Junior resident at casualty, DR. HEDGEVAR AROGYA SANSTHAN from june to july 2008.
3. Senior resident in general surgery and minimal access surgery in FORTIS HOSPITAL, shalimarbagh from june 2012 to aug 2012.
4. Senior resident department of cardio thorasic surgery, SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL, new delhi from nov 2011 to may 2012.
5. Senior resident in department of urology in BL KAPUR SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, new delhi from oct 2012 to feb 2013.
6. senior resident in department of general surgery in SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL since 14 march 2013 to 20 july 2013.
7. Senior resident in department of Surgery and Burns and Plastic Surgery, GTB HOSPITAL AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, SHAHDARA, DELHI 95 fron 17 sept 2013 to 11 april 2015.
8. Senior resident in department of surgery in SAROJINI NAIDU MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, AGRA FROM 13 APRIL 2015 TILL DATE.
1. LAPAROSCOPIC ABDOMINAL SURGERY
2. SINGLE HOLE SURGERY- cholecystectomy, hysterectomy, appendcectomy
3. ALL ABDOMINAL GI AND GENITO-URINARY SURGERIES
4. FISTULA IN ANO, HAEMARRHOIDS, FISSURE SURGERIES
5. BASIC VASCULAR SURGERIES INCLUDING GRAFTS, VASCULAR ANASTOMOSIS, VARICOSE VEIN SURGERIES.
6. ALL HERNIA SURGERIES including lap/ open inguinal ventral, complicated/ uncomplicated hernias.
7. All STONE SURGERIES INCLUDINGOPEN/ MINIMALLY INVASIVE RENAL, URETERIC, BLADDER STONES.
1. 14/ nov/ 2009 CME workshop (theory) org. By NBE at VARDHAMAN MAHAVIR MEDICAL COLLEGE AND SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI
2. 20 sept to 25 sept 2010 surgery update 2010 XXVII national C.M.E & Pre C.M.E hands on workshop at M.A.M.College, New Delhi.
3. 22 oct to 24 oct 2010 elsicon 2010 first annual conference and pre conference hands on workshop on laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery at M.A.M.C, new delhi.
4. 15 dec to 20 dec 2010 ASICON 2010 70th annual conference of ASI at asicon city at AIIMS campus, new delhi.
5. 29 jan to 30 jan 2011 international oncology congress 2011 at india habitat centre, delhi and live workshop on G.I. malignancies at dharamshila hospital and research centre, delhi.
6. oncowoundcon 2010 xiiith annual conference of Indian society of wound management & CME of Indian association of surgical oncology march 5th to 7th 2010 at vardhaman mahavir medical college, safdarjang hospital new delhi.
7. Surgicon 2010 annual conference of delhi state chapter of Association of Surgeons of India at vardhaman mahavir medical college, safdarjang hospital new delhi on November 4th to 6th, 2011.
8. Surgicon 2011 at VARDHAMAN MAHAVIR MEDICAL COLLEGE AND SAFDARJANG HOSPITAL, DELHI 29 WITH DELHI CHAPTER OF asi INDIA FROM 4 TO 6 NOV 2011.
9. Short term Training programme “OPERATIVE LAPAROSCOPY –BASIC AND ADVANCED COURSE” IN DEPARTMENT of Surgical Disciples at AIIMS, NEW DELHI 110608, FROM 24 NOV 2014 TO 28 NOV 2014.
10. ENDOLAP 2014 FROM 6 TO 8 FEBRUARY 2015 AT MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE IN ASSOC WITH Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India(SELSI).
11.Contemprary Medicolegal and Ethical Issues in Medical/surgical practice at Department of Surgery, GTB hospital and UCMS, shahdara, delhi 95 on 14 th sept 2014
12. Short term Training programme “LAPAROSCOPY –HERNIA SURGERY COURSE” IN DEPARTMENT of Surgical Disciples at AIIMS, NEW DELHI 110608, FROM 12 MAY 2014 TO 14 MAY 2014.
13. CME ON RECTAL CANCER on 26 july 2014 at Max cancer centre, under the AEGIS OF INDIAN SOCIETY OF ONCOLOGY
14. LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SOCIETY Hands on trining course from 19 march 2015 to 22 march 2015 at Sunrise Hospital, kochi, kerela.
15. A DAY WITH THE MASTER ON 5TH APRIL 2915 AT PGIMER AND DR. RML HOSPITAL.
16. NATIONAL CANCER CONGRESS 2015 ON UPDATE IN MANAGEMENT OF COLORECTAL CANCER ON FEBRUARY 22 2015 AT HOLIDAY INN, MAYUR VIHAR NEW DELHI AND LIVE WORKSHOP ON LAPAROSCOPIC LOW ANTERIOR RESECTION/ APR ON FEBRUARY 21 2015 AT DHARANSHILA HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH CENTRE, DELHI.
17. GI SURGICON 2015 BY DEPT OF LAPAROSCOPIC GI, GI ONCOAND MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY FORTIS HOSPITAL, SHALIMARBAGH DELHI 88 ON recent advances and controversies in colorectal surgery on 1st feb 2015.
18 Faculty at Selsicon 2015 held at sunrise hospital, kochi from 7-8 aug 15.
19. Chaired a session on short papers at Selsicon 2015 held at sunrise hospital, kochi from 7-8 aug 15.
20. Short term Training programme “Operative LAPAROSCOPY –suturing skills COURSE” IN DEPARTMENT of Surgical Disciples at AIIMS, NEW DELHI 110608, FROM 03 aug 2015 TO 05 aug 2015.
21. Faculty at Misiicon 2016 held at sunrise hospital, kochi from 21-23 oct 16.
22. Chaired a session on competetive papers at Misiicon 2016 held at sunrise hospital, kochi on 23 oct 16.
23. Presented a video presentation on laparoscopic left Nepherectomy for 5cm mid pole RCC at Misiicon 2016 held at sunrise hospital, kochi on 23 oct 16.
24. Delegate at selsi- ihscon/ lapcon agra 2016 by sachkhand hospital at hotel clark shiraz, agra fron 04- 06 nov 2016.
25. Performed 16 single hole cholecystectomies in two days in free surgical camp at Shanti Ved hospital.
26. Delegate at AMASICON 2017 in November, at Kolkata.
27. Delegate at Worldon 2017, from 22 to 27 march 2017 at daman.
28. Delegate at Amasicon 2017.
29. Delegate at Acrsicon 2017.
30. Delegate at Selsicon 2017.
31. Delegate at Endosurg 2017 from 16 to 19 march 17 at AIIMS, New Delhi.
32. Delegate at Endosurg 2018 at aiims New Delhi.
33. Delegate at Awrcon 2018 at hotel Pullman aerocity, New Delhi.
34. Delegate at Pelvic Floor Workshop At Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
35. Performed 12 single hole cholecystectomies in a day in free surgical camp at Shanti ved hospital.
36. Faculty at miscon 2018, kochi, from 20-22 july 2018.
37. Presented ‘written informed consent for safeguarding doctors from unnecessary legal harassment at miscon 2018 on 21st july 2018.
38. Awarded best trainee fellow in laparoscopic hernia surgery award at miscon 2018 on 21st july 2018 under verwandeln institute, kochi.
1. Member of Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India(SELSI) no. 2355
2. Member of Indian Hernia Society no. 861
3. MEMBER of The Association of Surgeons of India, no. FL 19201
4. Member of Association of minimal access surgeons of india no. 5802.
5. Member of international college of laparoscopic surgeons. M 220
6. Member and FELLOW of Indian association of ganstrointestinal and endoscopic surgeons no. 4635.
7. Member of Association of colo rectal surgeons of india.
8. Fellow MAS convocation(at amasicon 2015 mumbai) no. cm 247.
9. MNAMS Member of National Academy Of Medical Sciences.
10. MEMBER OF INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (UP/12411/54/632/201470/2014-15/CL)
11. Fellow of International College Of Laparoscopic Surgeons. F 241
12. Fellowship in Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery (FLHS) by Verwandlin Institute, Renai Medicity, Kochi
13. FELLOW of International College Of Surgeons (FICS) 2018.
1. Dr H G Vyas- professor and consultant department of surgery, Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, safdarjang hospital, New Delhi contact 9868952682
2. Dr. Mohit Singh- consultant, department of surgery, fortis hospital, shalimar bagh. Contact 9910069682.
3. Dr. Vimal bhandari- professor and consultant department of surgery, Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, safdarjang hospital, New Delhi contact 9899027348.
4. Dr. A S Chawla, professor and consultant department of surgery, Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, safdarjang hospital, New Delhi contact 9811707474.
5. Dr. Chintamani, professor and consultant department of surgery, Vardhaman mahavir Medical College, safdarjang hospital, New Delhi contact 9810064920.
6. Dr. B K jain, Proffessor and head, Dept of Surgery and burns and plastic, GTB HOSPITAL AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, SHAHDARA, DELHI 95 contact 9868399530.
7. Dr. Naveen Sharma, assoc prof. Dept of Surgery and burns and plastic, GTB HOSPITAL AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, SHAHDARA, DELHI 95 contact 9868399568.
8. Dr Shwetank Prakash, assoc Proffessor and head, Dept of Surgery, SAROJINI NAIDU MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, AGRA contact 9927825125.
9. Dr. R padmakumar, HOD, MIS AT kochi,
10. Dr. Madhukar pai, consultant MIS, kochi,